Sunday, December 7, 2008

Doodle and Beyond

Another Doodlebug has come and gone. It was so much fun to reconnect with some of you who visited the booth last year and Kathy and I also met some great new country collectors and artists. This year seemed to be the year of jewelry booths. They were everywhere and many vendors and shoppers were wearing their new button bracelets, earring bracelets (yes, that's correct) and carrying chinese takeout cartons full of vintage buttons. I brought home two cartons myself. None of you shall mention to me the dozen or so jars in my studio already full of.........buttons. The button lady, Karen Vornsand was super sweet and even helped me spot great buttons from trays and trays on display. She teaches her button bracelets at Bead Jungle, so check her out!

Amy Gonzalez, of Mittens showed me a wallet that she created and I cannot wait to have one of my own. She sells on etsy and here's how cool she is. She donates a portion of her profits to the NSPCA! She is having her baby boy Brooklyn this week and yesterday she was the cutest pregnant lady ever! Go Amy! mittens.etsy.com. I will have to be patient for my wallet. Baby boy Brooklyn comes first.

We were so busy in the booth that I did not have a  chance to snap pics, but I will try to post tomorrow some pics of some remaining holiday wares that are still available. Kathy has a few of the snowmen in pots, and some lovely ivory wool mittens and wrapped ball ornaments. She also has some small crafters aprons that would be perfect for gift wrapping duty. All of her items make perfect teacher, neighbor, secret santa gifts, etc and all are made by hand and with love.

At the last minute I made some organic soaps and some fresh balsam linen bags and they were snapped up! Of course, our best customers, Jan and Wendy were first in the booth and carried home quite a few Halloween pieces from my personal collection. They were hard to part with, but it helps to know they will be appreciated. We love our BC girls! Merci, to all of you who purchased our creations. It is wonderful to be appreciated. If you see anything in the pics you would like to purchase, send me an email and it will be arranged.

Another great gal to check out is Maria Hedrick, a fab quilter who teaches at Quiltique, and she has a booth at Goat Feathers in Boulder City. Many years ago, Maria took some of the earliest classes that I taught here at home, and she has far surpassed this teacher in quilting. Yay Maria!

To those new friends I met, welcome to old grey mare. Please consider joining me for a Gathering class someday, or custom order a class for you and at least five-ten other friends. Check out the older posts to get an idea of how the Gatherings work. Some of you asked how to get back issues of "polished". While supplies last, you can email bschwartz@reviewjournal.com. Please tell her I sent you.

I will try to post pics this week and then I'll post again after Christmas. Till then, I have many dozens of cookies to bake, Christmas decorations to finish, CD gifts to burn, and my Christmas cards are still not done. Ben and Hannah will get my undivided attention starting the 19th. Ben has promised to "tweek" my Blog, so who knows what you'll see coming in the New Year.

We love company at this house, especially during the Holidays, so call ahead and then stop on by!

I wish you all a safe and very Merry Holiday. Several of my dear friends will be having Christmas without loved ones this year. Several families are struggling with issues of the current economy, and some have health related problems. A few are very sad. My love goes out to all of you and please know I hold you close in my heart. May blessings come to all of you.

I wish you well.

Suzan




No comments: