Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reuse - Recycle & Make it WHITE


A friend who scavenges found this lovely which had been put out for the trash. I paid him $15.00 for it. One drawer says it is from the O'Neill photo company, O'Neill Nebraska. Two shallow drawers top and bottom, which have dividers and one large
(looks like 2) middle one.

It originally had a very stained and torn leather top. That took me hours to remove and scrape off all the glue, about 4 months ago. Guess I became distracted.


My constant companions, getting into everything, including the paint.


Deer in the headlights again....


Howie investigating- whoops his treat fell in there! Can you see it?


I find it impossible to paint without getting it everywhere!
Right


and left


You would think I had not used one of these at all.


Almost there - drawers are next.




I rushed putting the drawers in so I could take the pic but it is still out in the garage drying completely. Now, I have to decide if I want to grunge it up or not. I'm leaning toward not. I get the feeling "she" is happy with her fresh coat of paint and fresh, clean WHITE look.

Please take a few minutes to visit this earlier post below if you have not already.
Please visit all the other WW"s over there
<---------------------------------------------------

13 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh, your hands look just like mine! Cute cabinet...I totaling agree with your (soapbox) post...if we can't be *real* then what really what is the point?
Rene'

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

My hands always look like that after I paint...my hubby always gets a great laugh! You did a outstanding job...looks great! I'm having a CASH GIVEAWAY and a new THRIFTY PARTY...come on by and check them out!

Blessings,
Linda

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

White makes everything better....!

Victoria said...

Wow..looks fabulous! Wonderful job! What adorable pups...so sweet! I love the shots of the paint on your hands too!
Lovely post!
Kiki~

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I love her:) What a great job. I never wear gloves when I paint either. Your pups are so cute:)
~Debra
Blog; Capers of the vintage vixens

June said...

Hi Suzan, I missed your past two posts...and I say good for you for letting us know your opinion on the issues that are dear to you. We each blog for different reasons and you are so right that we have the choice to read or not read.
Now for the post at hand. That chest turned out so beautifully. You showed us your hands, now I want to see how much paint you got on the rest of you! I love your painting buddies. They really are gorgeous dogs.
hugs

Carole said...

I really make a mess too when I paint but as long as it's washable with water it doesn't bother me either.
Sweet little side cabinet! I think I'm getting tired to grunging everything up too!
Your babies are adorable.
Hugs.....Carole

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Turned out verry nice thanks for shareing. Luv your pups..

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Very nice little cabinet! I would have a hard time choosing between clean finish and distressed - I like both!

Your dogs are adorable, too!

Gretchen said...

Wow, your piece looks great after you painted it. Love the hand photos with the paint, as it proves my point, I'm not the only messy painter in the world. lol Looks like more bloggers agree too.
Stop on over to see me at my blog, as I'm a newbie to the White Wednesday events.
Gretchen

Carole said...

That is really nice. I like distressed to a point, but that piece should be left alone (imo).

Faded Charm said...

This turned out great. I like the hardware with it. You look like me when you paint and our cats usually end up with paint all over them. The get too curious.

I hope you enjoyed your day.

Kathleen

Boxwood Cottage said...

I turned out beautifully!
Yep I too have problems staying clean while painting lol