Monday, January 9, 2017

Fresh


My beloved white bowl
A staple on the dining room table
I change out the flowers several times a year
as the seasons change
This is mid winter
Hints of spring green yet frosted
flowers and snowy pinecones
A fresh look


A fresh lunch and dinner
Veggies left over from holiday meals
If only my mom would have understood roasting 
vegetables instead of boiling or creaming,
I might have loved them sooner.

There was zero food adventure in 
my house back then.
So happy my kids are foodies and
try everything and urge me
to do the same.

But I still hate oysters and mussels
and sushi
i know i know
if they can't make me you can't either

We've survived the first week of 2017

4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love fresh veggies. I made a cabbage soup last night that was so good. My Mom gave me a recipe but it was for a creamed, cheesy cabbage soup. Oh too many calories, I wanted fresher less heavy and glad I made it my way. More packing up things for the thrift today. I'm feeling so strong right now!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Beautiful flowers, delicious veg .... I LOVE oysters but, they don't like me .... I always get a stomach ache after eating them. I think it's something to do with the fact that they are alive !!! I have to avoid them now.
We can't all like everything can we Z ? I can't stand coriander !! XXXX

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I don't like sushi either! Bleh! Cook it please!

How do you roast your veggies?

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Whatever you're up to, Have a Wonderful Valentine's Day