Thursday, January 5, 2017

Getting Down

No staging, just quick shots 
of pared down rooms. Working my way through the house
as I remove and sell off holiday stuff.

It almost feels like the air is cleaner, fresher.



Getting down to the basics,
with just a few beloved accessories kept around.


Removed scads of books


Tops of shelves were cleared,
now it is so much easier to dust. 


Huge brown tv cabinet gone from the center
of this wall, smaller tv in here,
making room much brighter,
and I now have easy access to printer.


Still need to work on this side of the room.


Visually it is now too cluttered for me.
Z's may have to go.
(and these were pared down awhile ago YIKES) 
Feels good
Feels right
Getting down to it.


7 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Z .... it all looks so clean and tidy .... I've just de- Christmassed !!! .... it all looks rather bare but I always think that every year. I shall have a good old clean tomorrow !! XXXX

donna baker said...

My situation is in reverse. I am trying to keep city house pared down so won't have to take things down/out. I figure when I have hauled all my stuff to the city from the farm, the things left will have to go. We really don't need so much, but I like my stuff.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Funny how after all these years of collecting and gathering things it becomes to much. I'm feeling so good about the little's I'm paring down. Trying to sell some, some to donate. It has to go. Will save the items that bring me the most joy! You are my inspiration! Hugs.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Well done! I am coveting that alphabet!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love your home. It looks so warm and comfy. I wish I could find room for my desk in my living space. Will have to ponder on that. I'm editing things as well. Happy winter day! Brrr!
Brenda

Blondie's Journal said...

Your home has always looked very cozy and inviting to me, but I have learned that we focus more on the beautiful pieces and the flow if there is less clutter. So like you and many, I'm paring down. Yard sale in the summer. I may cry a bit but I know I'll feel lighter.

Happy New Year, Z. Happy changes!

Jane x

TheCrankyCrow said...

It does look fresh and clean...and a place that exudes utter comfort and welcome. Glad to see your stoneware pitchers stayed....I have always loved them. I so need to "get down"...but what an impossible challenge that is for me. I will struggle to de-Christmas, and then think that thinks don't look so cluttered after all, and completely put out of mind what truly needs doing. Keep up the inspiration.... Smiles & Friday Hugs ~ Robin