Saturday, March 4, 2017

JUSTICE


It's been a year today that 
Justice left us.

This is one of my favorites of her snuggled up to Libbey
who died 12 years ago. Justice always loved Libbey,
and I think she ignored Howie because to her
 he replaced Libbey. Howie of course
 loved Justice regardless and was licking her face 
as she passed.

You can just see the tip of her tongue
sticking out. It always did to varying degrees.
I love how she looks blissful sleeping with her pal.

I received the nicest note from Lap of Love this 
morning, a remembrance of her passing. This is the
Dr's practice that came to our home and showed
 such tenderness and empathy
during the euthanasia.

So today I celebrate Justice

and Libbey 
and Gadget
and Buffy
and Sargeant
and Murphy
and Sunday
and Bandit
and Napolean
and Bozo
and Magic
and Samantha
and Chester
and Mac

who loved unconditionally
and make it impossible for me 
to live without an animal to love, be loved by,
 and to care for.

Howie and I, 
we're a team


both of us gray
and 63 and 77.



7 comments:

donna baker said...

My heart breaks. I love dogs so much. My weenies will be my last. Here is a favorite poem of mine by Edna St. Vincent Millay.

"Parrots, tortoises and redwoods live a longer life than men do;
Men, a longer life than dogs do;
Dogs, a longer life than love does."

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Our dogs are indeed our family too, aren't they.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have a long and loving list of past sweet cats and a few dogs that have been loved by my family. I'm blessed to have my sweet Annie Belle now. Hugs.

Kit said...

I love this! My list would be a mile long too, only of cats. I love them and they seem to find me. :) Kit

Blondie's Journal said...

She was a beauty, Z, and I just love ya for posting a sweet remembrance for us, and me, who never knew her. I, too, have a vet who makes house calls. I will appreciate that when the time comes.

You've had a lot of pets and a lot of love. Maybe I should tally up mine. Better yet, just focus on my little old,and I mean old friends.

Sending hugs as you walk down memory lane.

Jane x

Claudia said...

Thinking of you. I understand.

Sigh.

Claudia

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Z ..... such gorgeous dogs ..... our animals break our hearts don't they ? XXXX