Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Favorite Things #4

Floral Picks

  
So I decided that I did not want to go
with the House of Hatten after all,
so I pulled the red picks I had used
 and replaced with these brown velvet ones
 and added some carved
 grey, green and ivory ornaments.
I added these same elements to my memory bowl.



 Pinecones, stars and birds appear in every vignette
in every room, even though
 they are all a little different.


Repetition is another favorite thing.




These changes and additions to the family room
 took about 30 minutes, so I'm at 2 hours and 15.

How are you coming along?

Z

4 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

It all looks absolutely lovely. I tried for a very neutral color scheme this year but I missed the reds and greens and golds immediately, so I threw them back in.

Sandra said...

Well, we've started, but still have a ways to go. I love your soft subtle pallet. It doesn't scream Christmas, but more like winter solstice. It will wear well all winter long.

We are going with lots of gold and burgundy this year. I've brought out some brass pieces from several years ago and it' nice to have a new look with something already here.

Sonja of Hickety Pickety said...

I soooo LOVE everything about your home!!!

Jillayne said...

Coming along slow - the boxes are now in the spare room, main tree in the family room and I'm on a rum and coke whilst I ponder it all....